Greetings in the name of His & Her Imperial Majesties Qedamawi Haile Sellassie I & Itege Menen Asfaw,
This is another one of the many interpretations of the Scriptures from the light of Ras Tafari by, I, Lidj Yefdi (pronounced Lij, Yef-dee).
I welcome you all to yet another post here at Ras Tafari Renaissance. I also thank everyone who has supported the efforts put forth here. I, Lidj Yefdi, on behalf of Ras Tafari Renaissance, offer the utmost gratitude.
Today, we as Ras Tafari should learn from the happenings of this day in history. On the Hebraic/Jewish Calendar, today marks the destruction of the Second Temple of Jerusalem & the scattering of the Hebrew people among many other nations. The Romans, under Titus(Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus) took Jerusalem after a rebellion of the Hebrew people. (70 AD)
This day is usually set aside by tradition for fasting and mourning, to commemorate the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple by the Chaldeans (586 B.C.) and by the Romans (70); a movable fast falling approximately in the beginning of August of the Gregorian calendar. II Kings 25: 8, 9; it is stated that the Temple was burned on the seventh day of the fifth Hebrew month. Scholars and others note that the tenth day of the fifth month is assigned as the date that comes to a congruent conclusion. In connection with the fall of Jerusalem there are at least, three other fast-days were established at the same time as the Ninth Day of Ab: these were the Tenth of Tebet, when the siege began; the Seventeenth of Tammuz, when the first breach was made in the wall;
The Book of Lamentations, mourns the destructions of the Temple, & moreover the whole of Jerusalem. Modern Ashkenazic Jews, read what is called the Kinnot. The Kinnot, traditionally calls to remembrance the destruction of the 1st & 2nd Temple, as well as the Crusades and the Holocaust.
Ex. 32: 11-14 ; Ex. 34: 1-10
Isa. 55: 6- 56:8 ; Lamentations
Mat. 23: 16-23 ; Mat. 24: 1,2
“…those who mourn for Jerusalem…”
These events led to the disorientation of the Hebrew people, as a whole, but only came because of their disobedience to the Laws, God had for Israel. (ie. idols, corruption-spiritually and morally…)
Readings: for Tisha B’Ab
Deut. 4: 25-40 ; Jer. 8: 13- 9:23
Mat. 3: 11-17
The questions of the authenticity of certain Jewish/Hebrew people has been a very intricate question, even for those who seem to be the learned in the Hebraic Laws, history & Torah(or the Scriptures); but Ras Tafari Renaissance seeks to aid in the proper education and dissemination of the truth about topics within our reach, by JAH(God)’s grace.
…with that said…
COULD THE DESTRUCTION/SIEGE OF THE TEMPLE OF JERUSALEM, BE A PRECURSOR TO THE VALIDITY IN HISTORY AND FACT, OF HEBRAIC PEOPLES OUTSIDE OF THE MAINSTREAM?
1) Lemba/ Varemba/ Mwenye people in Southern Africa – Malawi – Zimbabwe- Mozambique – South Africa (respectively)
2) Mizhrahi Jews of Baghdad-Iraqi/ Persia-Iranian/ India – various other lands(respectively) – [not disregarding the claims of the Indian Jews(Hebrews), but including their numbers within the Mizrahi (Eastern)]
3) Moroccan Jews (most of Spanish/ Berber/ Iberian-Southern Mediterranean descent)
4) Ebo/ Igbo people – Southeastern Nigerian Jews (some of Moroccan-Iberian descent)
5) Sephardim= Tingus-African/Spanish/ Portuguese/ Moroccan Jews & their descendants
6) Abayudaya people = Uganda
7) Bilad el-Soudan= West African Jews/ Hebrews – various countries (respectively) including, Cameroonian (Beth Yeshuroun) & Biafra
8) Beta Israel/ Ethiopian Jews – Falash-Mura – Qimant – Falasha-Fashin
9) Yemenite Jews/Himyarite Hebrews/ Balladi
10) Jews/ Hebrews of Timbuktu (Ghana/ Songhai/ Mali/ Zackor)
11) Cape Verdean/ Guinea-Bissauian = Portuguese/ Berber-Jews (IFS Jews)
12) Congolese Jews (Baluba Jews)
13) [Wa]Tutsi Jews of Havilah (Rwanda)
14) Kasuku-Kenyan Jews
15) Afro-Austroneasian Jews of Madagascar
Intanjibles Oceanus Hoodie Sweatshirt
Intanjibles – Logo(2)1 Blk Oceanus Hoodie Sweatshirt